Shodhana According to Ritu and its Clinical Significance: A Review
The natural health care system of Ayurveda places a strong emphasis on maintaining good health and a healthy lifestyle. Samshodhana and Samshamana therapies are primarily mentioned in Ayurveda as a way to normalize vitiated Doshas and maintain a normal state of health. Shodhana is a form of purifying therapy that rids the body of aggravating Doshas. Toxins are removed during Shodhana therapy, which also balances the Dosha. Panchakarma is described as a crucial Shodhana therapy that not only aids in maintaining general health but also helps in preventing and treating the harmful effects of numerous diseases. In this regard, it was also indicated to perform Panchakarma in accordance with the specific season. Similar to how a specific Panchakarma process was suggested in a specific Ritu, there are some Panchakarma procedures that should be avoided under specific seasonal conditions. The focus of this article is on Panchakarma and its unique seasonal practices, as prescribed in specific Ritu.
2. Vagbhata, Hridayam A. Ayurveda Rasayana commentary of Hemadri, Dr Anna Moreshwara Knte, Krishna Ramachandra Shastri Navare: Edition- reprint: 2005: Chokhambha Sanskrit Sansthan. Varanasi: Sutrasthana 3/8, 40.
3. Vagbhata, Samgraha A, Srikantha Murthy KR., Reprint 2003, Chokhambha Orientalia. Varanasi: Sutrasthana 4/35.p.52.
4. Vagbhata, Hridayam A, Shastri Navare KR. Edition reprint 2012. Varanasi: Chokhambha Sanskrit sansthan. Sutrasthana 3/9.p.42.
5. Vagbhata, Hridayam A. Eighth edition. Chaukhambhaorientalia. Varanasi: Krishnadas Academy 3/45; 2003.p.41.
6. Samgraha A, Vaidyabhooshanam K, Tirumulpadu R, Vyakhy P. Fourth edition., Published by Prakashika, Sutra Sthana 4/54-60.p.104.
7. Susrutha, Sushruta Samhita, Dalhana Nibandha Sangraha commentary. Vaidyajadavji Trikamji Acharya. reprint edition 2009. Varanasi: Chaukhambhaorientalia. Chikitsastana 37/6. 2009.p.32.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM