Simultaneous estimation of Amino acids by using HPLC
Various methods for the individual as well as simultaneous estimation of amino acids using various techniques like HPLC and other way outs like electrophoresis have been described in this review paper. The amino acid determination by using HPLC can either be done by using pre-column or post column derivatization. The amino acid is first derivatized into a particular derivative and then is analysed into the column in the case of pre-column derivatization, whereas in the case of post column derivatization, the amino acid is first passed through the column for the sake of separation and then the separated amino acids are derivatized into their such derivatives which can be detected by fluorescence detector. Out of the above two mentioned techniques, pre-column derivatization is used more oftenly than the post column derivatization. Few of the most commonly used derivatization agents are phenylisothiocyanate, o-phthalaldehyde+2-mercaptoethanol, dansyl chloride, phenylthiohydantoin etc.
2. de, Koning, TJ. Treatment with amino acids with serine deficiency disorders. Journal of inherit Metab Dis. 2006; 29:347-51.
3. Perry, Thomas L., Godin, David, V., et al. Parkinson´s disease: A disorder due to nigral glutathione deficiency? Neuroscience letters, 33; 1982.p. 305-310
4. Belanger MR. Jacqueline and Pare Jocelyn JR. High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC): principles & Applications. In Instrumental methods in food analysis; 1997.p. 39-59.
5. Kirklad J.J. Development of some stationary phases for high performance liquid chromatography; Journal of chromatography A. 2004; 1060: 9-21.
6. Denisenko A.D., Tcherkas Y.V. Simultaneous determination of various amino acids, including homocysteine, cysteine and glutamic acid, in human plasma by isocratic reversed phase high performance liquid chromatography with fluorimetric detection. Journal of chromatography A. 2001; 913:309-313.
7. Hill W. Dennis, Walters H. Frederick et. Al. High performance liquid chromatographic determination of amino acids in the picomole range. Journal of analytical chemistry. 1979; 51:1338-41.
8. Tcherkas Y.V., Kartsova L.A et al. Analysis of amino acids in human serum by isocratic revered phase high performance liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection. Journal of chromatography A. 2001; 913:303-8.
9. Furst P., Pollack L. et al. Appraisal of four pre column derivatization methods for the high performance liquid chromatographic determination of free amino acids in the biological materials. Journal of chromatography. 1990; 499: 557-69.
10. Rainer S. Determination of amino acids in biological, pharmaceutical, plant and food samples by automated pre column derivatization and high performance liquid chromatography. Journal of chromatography. 1988; 431:271-84.
11. Stewart T. Jmaes. post column derivatization methodology in High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Trends in analytical chemistry. 1982; 1:170-74.
12. Sercan C.P, Andrew J. et. Al. Post column derivatization of amino acids using reaction flow chromatography columns with fluorescence detection: A fast new approach to selective derivatization techniques. Journal of liquid chromatography and related technologies. 2017; 40:83-92.
13. Hong Ji Liu. Determination of amino acids by pre column derivatization with 6-aminoquinolyl-N-hydroxysuccinimidyl carbamte and high performance liquid chromatography with ultra-violet detection. Journal of chromatography A. 1994; 670:59-66.
14. Solano Bueno. C., Cervantes Lopez J. et al. Quantitative HPLC analysis of riboflavin and aromatic amino acids in three forms of shrimp hydrolysates; Journal of liquid chromatography and related technologies. 2009; 32:3009-24.
15. Roach C. Mark., Harmony D. Marlin. Determination of amino acids at subfemtomole levels by high performance liquid chromatography using laser induced fluorescence detection. Journal of analytical chemistry. 1987; 59:411-15.
16. Pereira V., Pontes M., et al. Simultaneous analysis of free amino acids and biogenic amines in honey and wine samples using loop orthophthalaldehyde derivatization procedure. Journal of chromatography A. 2008; 1189:435-43.
17. Aswad W. Dana. Determination od D- and L-aspartate in amino acid mixtures by high performance liquid chromatography after derivatization with a chiral adduct of o-phthalaldehyde. Analytical Biochemistry. 1984; 137:405-9.
18. Stefan E. Selective determination of secondary amino acids suing pre column derivatization with 9-fluorenylmethylchloroformate and reversed phase high performance liquid chromatography. Journal of chromatography. 1985; 348:213-20.
19. Baldwin P. Richard., Ye Jiannong. Determination of amino acids and peptides with capillary electrophoresis and electrochemical detection at a copper electrode. Analytical chemistry. 1994; 66:2669-74.
20. Jiang, Xuemei, Xia, Zhining et al; Direct UV detection of underivatized amino acids using capillary electrophoresis using online sweeping enrichment. J.Sep.Sci. 2009; 32:1927-33.
21. Chen, Zhaohui, Baker, Glen, B., et al. Application of capillary electrophoresis with laser induced fluorescence detection to the determination of biogenic amines and amino acids in brain microdialysate and homogenate samples. Journal of chromatography A. 2001; 914:293-8.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM